Pages

Wednesday 16 June 2010

The trials and tribulations of blog creation

Create your own blog - that instruction for Thing 3 seemed pretty straight forward until the trepidation set in!


How many would be Cam23 bloggers sat there and did the following I wonder?:
a. panicked
b. questioned whether your writings be good enough and if anyone would read them
c. spent ages trying to think of a good blog name
d. stressed about the look and design
e. all of the above


Would I become "Marvin the Paranoid Anroid", or Lance Corporal Jones from "Dad's Army" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6wok7g7do&NR=1. If so then welcome to my world three weeks ago!

I think the hardest part for me was trying to think of a good blog name, as I find I pay more attention to the blogs with interesting names that draw me in to look at what their saying.

Eventually I decided on the name of Seshat Scribe, as I'm a keen egyptian fan. Seshat was the Ancient Egyptian goddess of wisdom, knowledge, record keeping and writing. She was also known as "Mistress of the House of Books" because she looked after the library of the gods and was the patron of all earthly libraries. I thought the name would therefore be apt for a librarian setting out on her first blogging journey.

Over the last 3 weeks, I've found I quite like blogging, but it does seem to take alot of time. I like to think about what I'm going to write and try to put it into context for any subsequent readers. I do agree with Larry Brauner's reason no. 23 http://online-social-networking.com/top-reasons-why-i-blog it does help me reflect on information and how it can be used. Evaluation and reflectivity are key tools in learning, and something we must do in order to improve services and not become too stale.


























2 comments:

  1. Your blog posts are great and you're persevering more than I am on making the posts look more creative and imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the kind comments, they are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete