Pages

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Just doodling around

Having read that quite a lot of Cam23ers like Doodle for organising events and meetings I have to say I'm very disapointed by its functionality and capability.  Maybe I tried to do too much at once, but the concept of putting different options and then different dates for those options were too much for Doodle to cope with.

Eventually I ended up with a single event with multiple dates, which is fine, but meant I had to create 6 different events to achieve the desired result.

I'm finding that Doodle is all well and good if people respond to the email and enter their answer on the Doodle poll.  In reality people have emailed me with the answers after looking at the poll, so I think the concept has been lost on some people! 

In previous positions I've found it easy to set up meetings as some calendars, ie. Outlook, have meeting invite options, although that does only work within the particular organisation. So, I can see that Doodle does have a use for organising meetings across the Cambridge Libraries system.  However, I'm having difficulty seeing how it could usefully be used in libraries, interacting with students.  It make be useful to see when your library reps are free for Library Committee Meetings.  This example would not work for me however, as my Library Committee Meetings are pre-scheduled in the College calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment