Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2010

LibraryThing: the return! I came, I saw, I went.

I have created a LibraryThing account for Cam23 things and found a few of my favourite books, shown below:





However, I'm still not a lover of LibraryThing as I still can't see its usefulness or appeal.  It maybe easy to use and quick to add books to but I'm still at a loss as to why an individual let alone a library would use it. I also feel the layout of the information on a specific book is not particularly well laid out, it seems cluttered, with too much information bunched together in a small space. 


I think that Shelfari has a better layout. For example it lists the characters and their relationships in the book which is quite nice.  Visually its more appealing and easy on the eye.  However Shelfari doesn't seem to have the same content as LibraryThing, as I couldn't find some items.


I find that I'm struggling to come up with reasons why students would wish to use this, if we promoted it as a library resource.  I'm afraid to say that obviously LibraryThing is completely lost on me and that I won't be using this personally or professionally as a Web2.0 tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment